Recently Islamabad Police launched an Android App for citizens of the capital while FIA Sindh launched a Cyber Crime website which is a great step.
Online support is a great way to facilitate citizens and it seems that many Law enforcement departments of Pakistan are understanding its worth.
Islamabad Police Android App which is available for beta will be released soon. The app is very useful through which citizens will be able to:
- Report incident to Islamabad Police and send audio, pictures and videos through the app.
- Receive latest announcement from Islamabad Police.
- Details & Contact numbers of important institutions.
- ‘Panic Button’ allows user to alert contacts you predefined and connect you with Islamabad
- Police Helpline.
- Information about police station including Location, Google Map & contact details of SHO, SDPO & SP.
- Listen to live FM Radio of Traffic Police.
- Pay Traffic Fine
- Verify Vehicle numbers
- Register Tenants
Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) receives 20 cyber crime reports each day so they decided to facilitate the citizens by launching a separate dedicated web portal www.fiacybercrimesindh.com.pk
Director of FIA Sindh Zone Dr. Amir said that this will help citizens to easily lodge complaints and will also help FIA to work more efficiently. This new portal will respect the privacy and the identity of the victim will be hidden, any friend or relative can also lodge complaint on behalf of the victim.
Cyber crimes are increasing by each passing day especially after the introduction of smartphones and 3G internet. According to FIA 70% of the victims are women and girls while 30% are male.
Crimes which were reported include:
- Financial fraud